Day 8 - Adenosine All Over

Today, I had gone up to the lab I've been working in for the past two weeks.

I started to read another grant that was about the role of adenosine in the function of immune cells, and how it's immunosuppresent.

Later, I went to see the doctor I had been shadowing working, as well as operating on mice livers to see the role of low blood flow. That is one of the many things that adenosine receptors are needed for as well. I also helped grow macrophages, and did cell culture with them by adding more media to the already plated cell cultures that were done a few days prior. What I also saw the doctor do is start staining the cells from the liver, so that he could see how many T cells and macrophages there would be left after a liver injury, in the mice.

This was a very slow day in the lab, as there wasn't very much to do today. Afterwards, I headed home, concluding my second to last day at Memorial Hermann.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4 - The Start of Experimentation

Day 6 - Of Mice and Men