Day 9 - Final Day Research

For my final day at the lab, I made my way one last time to Memorial Hermann. Then, up to the lab for some more work.

In the morning, I began to shadow a doctor who was doing Flow cytometry. Flow cytometry is a procedure done to figure out what kinds of cells are present in the tissue that you are currently looking at. You have to use antibodies with specific colors on them to be able to detect the different cell populations, as well as tell them all apart within the tissue. At times, when you're looking for a very rare cell in a tissue, you want to be able to identify the majot population first, so that you can single out the rare population with a different color instead. This way, you can get rid of the larger population, and find the smaller population instead.

Besides that, there wasn't much else to do in my final day at the lab, so afterwards I just headed back home. This concludes the end of my J-Term of Researching Pancreatic Cancer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 - Adenosine All Over

Day 4 - The Start of Experimentation

Day 6 - Of Mice and Men